Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Eve of School

Dear Addilyn,
It's 10:56pm on Sunday night before the first day of school.  My emotions are strong.  Much better than this time last year because you were about to go to daycare for the very first time.  I was a nervous wreck. But now it's a year later and I know you enjoy school and my only worry is you biting other kids!!  Please stop that!  However, tonight I'm sad for another reason.........I miss your cousins.  We got to see them Saturday while we were fishing but not for long.  My heart aches to spend time with them.  I don't really know how to put it into words so I'll not even attempt but God knows.....  I always (well except for when you fall alseep watching Barnyard as of late) sing "What A Day That Will Be" to you while you fall asleep.

"There is coming day.  When no heartaches shall come.  No more clouds in the sky.  No more tears to dim the eye.  All is peace, forever more, on that happy, golden shore.  What a day, glorious day, that will be."

Then it says.....

"There'll be no sorrow there.  No more burdens to bear.  No more sickness no pain.  No more parting over there.  And forever I will be, with the One who died for me.  What a day, glorious day, that will be.
What a day that will be.  When my Jesus I shall see.  And Iook upon His face.  The One who saved me by His grace.  When He takes me by the hand.  And leads me through the promise land.  What a day, glorious day, that will be."

Sometimes when I sing this I think about fiances......I won't have to worry about finances anymore.  No more credit card bills, or doctor bills.  Sometimes I've thought about sickness and surgeries.  You and I have both had surgery this year.  There'll be no iv's or recovery rooms in Heaven.  Sometimes I just think about strolling down the street of gold...no alarm clark, no schedule, no waiting for 5 o'clock to get here so I can rush home to see you........but tonight when I was singing I had another burden on my mind.  Three actually.  :)  I long for that day when we can lay those burdens at the foot of Jesus, worship Him, and stroll down the golden avenue.  I think about Preacher Teel.  One time I heard that he said when he gets to Heaven he wants to sit down on a hillside with Jesus and talk.  How simple.  How humbling.  How totally "burden lifting" would/will that be........to hunker down on a hillside and talk with the Almighty.  I can't wait.  And you know what?  We'll be there for eternity!!!!!  Forever and ever.  No more feeling like it's the night before school starts and I didn't even get to do this or that.  No more Mondays....everyday a weekend.  I don't think the Bible says that but that's what it will feel like to me.  I feel better already!  I guess I will lay down next to you now and try to get some sleep.  Tomorrow is the first day of school......
                                                              Love you, Momma

UPDATE....Preacher Teel, age 95, a man of God, passed away on October 23, 2012.  I attended his funeral last Friday.  I kept thinking about him sitting on that hillside talking with Jesus.  Made me cry and smile at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment