Friday, February 10, 2012

Working Mom

I'm linking up with Kelly's Korner today to talk about being a working mom.  I recently went back to work when my daughter was about to turn 2.  I was able to stay home with her until that time and I'm so thankful.  While being a SAHM I also babysat to earn money and so that she would have someone to play with.  Addilyn was getting bored staying home all the time and since we were living on a small budget we couldn't just up and go to Chick Fila, or PlayWorld, or even driving around for that matter.  I began praying about what to do.  There was an opening at the same company I had always worked for.  I applied and got the job and most importantly, Addilyn got into a great school and her teacher goes to our church.  God worked all of that out...that's another post that I should do!   Anyways, so here I am a working mom and these are a few things that I do to make it work for us. 

1.  When we are at home I play with Addilyn as much as possible.  We read books, color, watch funny animal clips on You Tube, go fishing in the ditch outside or the potty inside depending on the weather, etc.  I don't want to rush home to just get the laundry going and work like a maid- I spend time with her first.

2.  My husband helps me.  I am blessed, I know.  Thank you Hubby!!  He helps get supper on the table or he plays with Addilyn while I get supper on the table.

3.  After Addilyn has her bath and the evening is winding down, I iron our clothes and lay them out on/across our kitchen table.  I pack her bag and make our lunch. This makes my morning run smooth.

4.  I menu plan.  I keep this on the refrigerator and even if we don't stick to it, it helps me know what we can make.

5.  I wash and dry a load of clothes every night. 

6.  I try to do one other household chore each night too so that I don't have to do it all at once.  One night I may vacuum, one night I may clean a bathroom. 

7.  We don't do a lot of extra stuff.  This keeps our life manageable.  We go to church on Sunday morning, Sunday night, and Wednesday.  If I tried to go to every party, outing type thing then I would feel like my family and home were neglected.  Just my opinion.  Our Saturdays may only consist of going grocery shopping and playing outside, but we make it fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment